Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Grateful Mothers Day

365 Reasons to be Grateful was the topic that I spoke on at our Mothers Day service on Sunday. That is why I had not posted anything on here since early last week as it was a big week preparing a beautiful creative morning to celebrate all those fantastic mothers out there. I inspired for the idea from an article in a magazine `Notebook' about a woman that took photos of things that she was grateful for to help her overcome depression. She took one photo a day for 365 days. I started to do the same and it really does change you as you do become more grateful. We can be grateful for our lovely children and families and for life. I am. My children brought me some bacon and eggs on toast in bed. That was after setting the smoke detector off and dropping the best bit of the egg on the floor! But another freshly cooked egg made it to me along with a nice cup of tea in my new mug.
The above photo is the little soaps that we gave each of the ladies that came to our service on Sunday. Aren't they cute? Some were about to eat them as I forgot to mention that they were actually soap!!

I have almost finished Jemima's new quilt. I love it and so does she. I just have to get it all quilted together now. Next I will be making toadstool cushions for the fairy party. Each child will sit on a lovely red with white felt polkadots toadstool cushions at the fairy tea party on the new quilt in the fairy garden. I don't know who is more excited about it. Jemima or me!

No comments:

Post a Comment