Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year Resolutions

Ok it's nearly time for New Year Resolutions.
I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by.
It has been a year of allsorts and ups and downs.
I haven't managed to do this blog this year.
And so my New Years Resolution will be to really try and get to it more.

I am wanting to create for my family, a simple life.
To live more simply is something I yearn for and dream of.
Starting in 2011, I want to stop dreaming of it,
and start to live it more so than we are now.

I shall turn off that TV and stop reading magazines that make me WANT things.
I want to get out in the garden more, cook from scratch more, preserve my own produce. Sew and mend our clothes and the list goes on.

This year I had so much pleasure in making gifts for friends and relatives. I made cakes, buiscuts, chutneys, jams, and made a table top cubby house for my neices.
Finding creative ways of packaging, and presenting these items was half the fun.
It gave such a sense of pride and great pleasure to give something that I had made with love for those that I love.
So I want to continue this way as much as possible and teach my children to do the same.
What are your New Years Resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment